I fell behind a bit during the last few months of the 2012 as I was selling my condo and moving into a new house. Although I am not completely unpacked and settled, I realize it is now time to return to the keyboard and resume my writer’s journey. Something inside of me misses the self-expression and the sharing of my thoughts with others. Another part of me worries that I’m losing ground in my craft because I’ve let a bit of time lapse.
The first step, however, must be to acknowledge the wonderful additional awards that my blog has been fortunate enough to receive in the last few months. I am bending the rules somewhat in combining all three awards on this page and listing many of my favorite blogs rather than making specific nominations. The most important thing for me is to express my gratitude to the persons who thought enough of my blog to acknowledge it and also to encourage you to visit these sites as well as some of my additional favorites that I will list at the end of the post.
AWARD # 1 -Very Inspiring Blogger Award
Thanks so much to author Raani York for her nomination of this blog for the “Very Inspiring Blogger Award.” Be sure to visit Raani York for her witty and interesting commentary on various topics. Raani adjusted the rules about the number of blog nominations which I am going to do also by simply listing at the end of this post some of my favorite blogs.
The rules for the “Very Inspiring Blogger Award” are:
1. Thank and link to the blogger that has nominated you.
2. Then post the award logo to your blog.
3. Write a post on the nomination and nominate 15 other very inspiring bloggers.
4. Notify them and then tell 7 things about yourself.
Here are the seven things about me: ( I hate this part )
1. I love to travel.
2. My favorite color is cobalt blue.
3. I love sitting very close to the ocean staring at the waves.
4. One of my favorite TV series from the 50’s-60’s is Gunsmoke.
5. I love listening to the wind “whoosh” through pine trees.
6. I enjoy coffee and the stronger, the better.
7. I have a tendency to procrastinate.
AWARD #2 -Blog of the Year 2012
A Writer’s Journey has been honored twice for the “Blog of the Year 2012.” These awards were presented by Women Making Strides and Catnip of Life. Thanks so much to Sharla Shultz at Catnip of Life and Susan Ekins at Women Making Strides. Be sure to visit their very inspirational blogs. You will undoubtedly find something worthwhile there to take with you.
The rules for the award are here.
AWARD #3 -One Lovely Blog Award
The rules are:
• Thank the person who nominated you and link back to them in your post.
• Share 7 things about yourself.
• Nominate 15 or so bloggers you admire.
• Contact your chosen bloggers to let them know.
I am listing the blogs below because I enjoy them and I want to encourage others to take a look. Blog owners may consider this a nomination or not. You don’t have to do anything if you don’t accept awards or if you’ve already received these particular awards. Also, you can choose one or all three awards. I just want to let you know how much I enjoy your wonderful blogs!
Russel Ray Photos
Catnip of Life
Women Making Strides
Life in the Bogs
Lost in Town
Bringing Europe Home
Tiny Lessons Blog
Bruce Louis Dodson
Everlasting Love of Flowers
Stuff I tell My Sister